Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Semester at my last School!

So I began this fall at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. So eager to begin classes and explore the fundamentals of engineering I had extremely high hopes for this semester...

Classes began quite simply, mostly intro lectures, information about the school's websites and campus life. Then they began to get into the material... I have never been one to actually study for anything. Skimming over notes from class a few minutes before the exam has always sufficed. Now I know this will definitely not due here at the University. It is amazing how something as simple as studying can become such a complex process. So many avenues to go down to accomplish all the same results. This semester has definitely been a journey through trial and error. My number one goal this semester has deterred from passing my classes and has now become learning the art of studying.

In every aspect of my life this year there have been many ups and downs. At no fault but my own obviously things have not gone as they were suppose to. This is a very common thing that happens because of the person I am and the choices I make. I find it extremely difficult to follow a set path and stick to it. I always have to test the waters under the bridge or the woods off of the pebbled path. I will catch you up on the past few months and then go from there in later posts.

It all began in about May 2010. An old schoolmate from grade school tracked me down on facebook. I am always trying to keep in touch with "friends" and meet new people as well every day so this was exciting for me! The fact that he was willing to actually hang out as well was even better. (As I'm sure most people know, a lot of your fb friends don't care to actually be real friends, but only peek into your life) So, Ihop became our place! I have always loved Ihop anyways, not for their food, or rediculously entertaining staff, but because of the fact they are open 24/7....

Anyways, back to my new re-acquainted friend. We would meet in the middle of the night when he got off work, chit chat about life, work, school, the world. It was nice. It was great for me to have someone who was the same age; someone with similar interests; someone who was kind, mature, and intelligent all wrapped up in one body! So, as I have never done before, I got attached. And to make a long horribly embarrassing story short, he didn't. lol, eh, such is life. This was number one bump in my road because I created this cloud of drama all by myself and floated in it through the first half of the semester. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic and I got waaaaayy too excited about the idea of fixing the world with someone beside me!

Next tribulation this semester, I got a new car. Yes! Yay! A new car! Along with this fabulous G35, which was a huge step up from my previous 4-wheeled trash mobile, came a car payment. I dropped to strictly only working the weekends so I could concentrate on school. All I've been concentrating on is making my car payment now :/. I'll figure it out though, I always do!

Basically there is a quick run down of the craziness going on thus far. This blog is my new therapy. I will chit chat more tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment