Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stumbling...

So my luck has definitely had better days. I have been sick the past week or so which helped entice me to begin writing a blog to fill up some free time... The stream of bad luck that I have had is almost comical at this point.

We'll skip the usual "poor student" financials and hop to the rest. :) So when I decided to move into my father's basement from my apartment I had a lot of stuff to move and it wouldn't all fit in the little bedroom I had reserved for me at my father's house. So, i took some stuff to my older sister's house and put some stuff in my father's storage. Well, then of course my sister moved, and I had to find another rent free avenue to keep my things safe. So over to my friend's house it all went.

Now with the background out of the way.... My friend's basement flooded the other day. :( I went over and had to throw some picture frames away... I was lucky to have saved all my pictures. I tried like crazy to spray all the frames down and clean them real good and open up the ones that could be saved. They still smell like wet... mildew.... yuck! Oh well, such is life, right? Oh but that's not all! :D I had decided to be a good parent and take my cat over there with me so she wasn't left alone. (she seems to be needing extra attention lately) So on our way home, with about a 20 min drive ahead of us, she decides to pop a squat and potty on my lap. Not just my lap either, oh no! Needed to get my leather seat of my car nice and good too! Who the hell does that!?? Oh well, had to take a forbidden midnight shower when I got home, but no one said anything today about it yet.

So after getting over my sweet adventure of the evening I sit back down at the kitchen table to finish my homework I had due this morning. Because I have to use the computer, it was sitting open beside my notebook I was doing my homework in... I only had three problems to do, and I had already completely 1.5 prior to going to get my picture frames. I figured it shouldn't take too long. Well then, of course as usual, I got distracted! What sits open on my webpages? Facebook...Science Daily...National Geographic....Gmail...Oh my goodness how I manage to be distracted so easily!! Not to mention, the guy mentioned before (previous blog), the one I got overly excited about his existence, was on facebook as well.... So what must I do? Strike up a conversation! But not just any conversation, one which pretty much ended in humiliation, awkwardness, and rejection, as most of them do...lol. Oh well, my mother always said I never knew when to quit. I know what she meant, but I can't help it, I try to be cute and funny about the whole thing. The more I think about it, its pretty creepy and lame! Ha, oh well... Though he ignores me at times, there are still times where he acknowledges my existence. So I guess I'll just hold on to those few times, and switch the "I want to be with you" gears down to "Ok, friends it is" gears.

The point of the above rambling... I got distracted. Didn't finally finish my homework until about 3 am, got to bed and dozing about 4 am, and the alarm clock went off this morning about 6:00a, 6:33a, 6:43a, and finally, 7:00a. What did I do? Pushed Dismiss on my phone for each and everyone instead of the 10 min snooze. What happened? I missed the class that the homework was due in, that I lost so much sleep and spent so much time completing... I missed it. But I did make it to campus a little bit after the class was over so I slipped it under my Professor's door. Hopefully he'll except it.

On top of all this, getting a little bit too excited about feeling better yesterday was the wrong thing to do. Not only was I up waaaayyy too late last night, I did waaayyy too much moving around, being up and about. So today, of course, I'm exhausted! Pretty much drove all the way to campus to slip my homework under my Professor's door and turn around to drive back home. I didnt even make it to my second class of the day. So now, I'm lying down, about to take a nap.

When I wake up I'll read hard core my text book because if I'm going to make it till the end of the semester I must figure out how to productively study. Reading can always be a good start, yes? I think once I figure out how to study, I figure out how to make more friends rather than acquaintances, and I get over this weird broken-heartedness I don't have a clue how to deal with, then everything will fall into place!

Those three things.... That is what will determine my success here. And hopefully smooth out the bumpy road I chose to stumble down! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment