Sunday, October 31, 2010

Great Weekend!

So this weekend has been just absolutely amazing! Yesterday after work I ran by Whole Foods to pick up some frozen yogurt. They didn't have any so I got an assortment of Sorbet instead: Mango, Banana-Mango, Raspberry, and Blood Orange. They were all yummy! I also stumbled across an interesting looking bottle of Italian wine. It was sweet, not normally my first choice, but there was something about the bottle. Plus the girl working over by the wine said it would go well for dessert with my sorbet. :)

After I got home from the store I met up with some friends I have recently met to go ride around for a bit before my concert. I have a Kawasaki Ninja and they all ride sports bikes as well so we like to go out and cruise. I road with them for a couple hours then rushed back home to get ready for the Omaha Symphony Orchestra Concert.

I had jumped in the shower and was rushing to get ready when I realized it was almost time for my friend to show up. (He was coming from work and riding to the concert with me.) So I ran downstairs in my towel and opened the front door for him and shot him a quick text to let him know to just walk in when he arrived. Not two seconds after I got back upstairs the doorbell rang! Here I am in my towel, still dripping wet, the dog is downstairs going crazy at the glass door, and no one else is home to answer the door. Then I realized that this weekend is Halloween! I wonder if whoever was at the door was Trick-or-Treaters... I didn't go back down in my towel to answer the door. They were pretty persistent for a bit, but they finally left after they rang the doorbell five times and no one came. My friend showed up about 10 minutes after that. It was kind of funny.

So we went to the concert. Parking was looking like it was going to be a challenge at first then we came across a plethora of metered parking (which by this time was free) to park at just across from the venue. They played Music by Michael Jackson. The orchestra was amazing, as usual. There is something about the sound of string and brass instruments that just fills my heart with this soulful calmness. I am just mesmerized by the music. I love going to watch them play. The Jackson impressionist was great as well. He was very comedic and sang great. He had all Michael's moves down pretty good. This older couple showed up about halfway through the show. They sat right next to me. Well, I should say their seats were right beside me... They were up dancing just about the entire rest of the show! It was great! I even got up and danced with them! The nice gentleman even moved all of our chairs out of the way so we'd all have plenty of room for dancing. He tried to get my friend to get up and dance with us, but of course he refused. I think he had a great time though, dancing just isn't his thing. ;). It was just great! I had the best time ever.

After the concert was over I went home, grabbed a bit to eat, and sat down to relax for a bit. I had plans to hang out with my childhood friend after he got off work after the concert. I was pretty close to just call it a night when he text to say he was on his way home. I was just so exhausted from the exciting day, I wasn't sure I'd make it late enough to hang out anymore. I'm glad I didn't though! I grabbed my wine and my assortment of sorbet I had bought earlier in the day and headed over to his house. We had a couple glasses, had a taste test of the delightful sorbet and cuddled up to watch the Science Channel. It was nice. I ended up sleeping very soundly. I think the wine helped, along with being up since 5:30am that morning, and all the excitement and business from the entire day.

This morning I woke up well rested. I came into work and when I am off I will go home and sleep every well again tonight. Today at work has been completely chaotic. I actually had to come in early because they were so busy to help catch up. It has now finally slowed enough for me to relax a bit.

Well, that is my exciting weekend. Tonight is Halloween and I still have five hours left of work. We shall see exactly how this weekend comes to a close. Hopefully everyone has a safe and fun Halloween tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment