Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday... Monday....

It is the first day of November. October had a beautiful and exciting ending! It is definitely looking and feeling like fall. This is my favorite season! I wish it was fall year-round. I love the smells of fall... The fireplaces lit, the trees changing colors and losing their leaves. I absolutely just love it all!

Today should have been the beginning of getting things back track, but of course it wasn't... This morning I was so exhausted from the crazy busy weekend and incredibly busy day at work last night that I didn't hear my alarm go off this morning. I missed my first class of the day. Since I missed it, I figured there was no reason to rush to Lincoln so I just fell back asleep... Then I got up to go to my second class and got distracted! Basically I missed that one too.

I did however manage to get there on time for my appointment to view some more apartments. I got to see three that weren't ready to show. Two out of the three are the only ones with potential.. One has wooden floors, but not a lot of floor space. The other has dark brown carpet, but has a lot more open space to work with. I'm not sure which one I want. The one with carpet is on the University side of the building so it won't be a problem picking up the school's wireless. The one with the wooden floors are on the other side of the building, but isn't directly above the restaurant's kitchen that is in the bottom of the building. I am going to have to go back and look at them again... I really, really like the wood floors. What if there is a huge spider on the floor and I can't see it because the carpet is that dark brown?? (Seriously, that is the only thing holding me back from that apartment.)

Anyways, so after apartment searching I walked back to campus and went up to the Alternative Energy Lab. This is where I am working on a machine project for one of the PhD students. She actually just gave her dissertation Friday, and is moving to Denmark this next week. I am inheriting this thing and will hopefully finish it by the end of the semester. I have been taking lots of pictures of my progress because I am getting credit for my work. So anyways, I worked on some stuff until about 7:30 pm. Then a friend who is in all my classes came up to the lab and we worked on homework for one of our Engineering classes. We stopped about 9:30-ish and I headed back home.

On the drive home I gave my grandmother a call. Her birthday was yesterday, Halloween. :) I hadn't had a chance to call her because I was working all day and didn't get off until late. We had a great conversation during my hour drive home, ending it right as I pulled into the driveway of my house. I love my grandmother. I wish I was able to see her more often and have long conversations with her about life, school, and the world more often too.

After I got settled in at home my phone rings again. To my surprise, it is the ex boyfriend from sin city. We always have great conversations, it usually consists of me telling him what to do and him telling me I'm right. I think they go pretty well! ;) Anyways, I hope I helped. I have this thing about fixing people... I know I can't change them all. Though my Motto should have always been: "Fixing the World, One Boyfriend at a Time"... lol. Seriously though, I use to only date those who I thought needed fixing. Ha, I guess somethings never change! Even after three years I'm still trying to help. I just really hope things eventually work out. He, like everyone, is the only person who can really change his life.

So today was not too eventful. Tomorrow I am going to put up my first wind turbine at a community college by Lincoln. I can't wait! I took lots of pictures when we put up the MET tower. I am going to take tons of pictures installing this turbine. It's good to work. When I work I keep my mind occupied and I don't focus on things that aren't going the way I want. Busy is always a good thing for me, otherwise my mind goes in about a million different directions and that's when I get my self in trouble.

Oh and I found a new quote today!

"Never look down on anybody, unless you are going to help them up."

- Rev. Jesse Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment