Friday, November 19, 2010

Almost Done

So I have not had much of a chance all week to blog, I have a bit to catch up on! This week was pretty busy. Late nights in Lincoln studying, working on this machine I have to finish building, trying to do homework, and all that jazz.

So Monday was a pretty long day... I don't remember if I went to class or not, probably not though since I don't remember. :-/ Not a good thing. I will make sure I don't miss anymore the rest of the semester. I worked pretty late until about 7:30p after class and then did homework for calculus III with a friend. I didn't get back to Omaha until pretty late, I believe it was about 11:30p-ish.

Tuesday I had every intention of going to class in the morning. (This is the class I dropped earlier) I needed to pick up homework and tests that I haven't gotten back yet. I have to get there in time Tuesday morning because that is the last day of the class for the semester. I believe J and I are going up north somewhere to check out a wind turbine and it'll be an all day trip next Tuesday so that should help get me up and going early enough to make it in time for class.

Wednesday was a very long day. I had class, then I worked in the lab until about 7pm and then I took a couple friends from the lab to the last women's volleyball game there on campus. We met my dad and then watched the game, just the four of us. It was a great game, the girls won by a sweep. After the game my friends wanted to go have a couple drinks and invited me so I joined. We went to some bar called Brothers because they had $.10 wings and cheap beer that night. That was a lot of fun... The wings were super small, but good for what they were. After we ate and had a couple more drinks we went down the street a bit and crossed over to some other bar. They had a band playing. When we got there it seemed as though they were finishing up their last song so I couldn't really say if they were any good or not. I met a couple more people there, they were great. I had a really good time. That was the first time in quite a while that I went out with people and had such a good time.

Thursday same story... Went to class and then worked until about 5:30p. I got home and talked one of my best friends into going to see a movie. We went and saw Unstoppable. It was pretty good. I am not a home-body at all so I would go out and do just about anything every night just to not be home. So considering that, this week has been great because I have been home just enough to sleep. This is how it has always been for me so it's nice to get back into a routine like that.

Today was a pretty long day as well. I had class all day, then I went and worked in the lab for only a couple hours. I had to work at the hospital tonight at 7p-11p. I got back home about 5:40p-ish, jumped in the shower, threw some clothes on and then went in to work. We were pretty steady tonight, not too bad though.

Tomorrow should be quite nice! I work my usual 7a-3p and then I'm free for a couple hours. I am signed up to volunteer for the salvation army and do bell ringing at one of the stores in town. That should be fun. I talked my friend into signing up with me since I couldn't get a good enough turn out from my Rotaract Club members. That is only for about an hour and a half and then I have a free night. This is one of the VERY FEW Saturday nights that I am not working the overnight shift so I am pretty thrilled. I asked my friend if he wanted to hang out after he got off work, but since it is Harry Potter opening weekend he is crazy busy at work so he'll probably be working all night. My next request was my sister, we'll see if she squeezes me in or not. Otherwise looks like I'll be spending the Saturday night studying and working on Calculus. That should be fun... :-/

Anyways, I'll try to do better and stay on top of stuff. It isn't much fun summarizing the week all at once. School is just so crazy right now. I wish I had just finished in Texas right away. I would never suggest to anyone to not continue full-time until completely done. Getting back into everything is just so difficult. Especially when you've experienced the real independent world, and your priorities are just so much different than the normal student.

I think I'm getting better, or maybe I'm just not stressing about it as much and its getting worse. I'm not sure which one it really is, but I guess we'll see how the semester ends up.

"To comprehend a man's life, it is necessary to know not merely what he does but also what he purposely leaves undone. There is a limit to the work that can be got out of a human body or a human brain, and he is a wise man who wastes no energy on pursuits for which he is not fitted; and he is still wiser who, from among the things he can do well, chooses and resolutely follows the best."
-William Gladstone

No comments:

Post a Comment