Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lovely Saturday

This morning began just as any usual Saturday morning... Woke up about every hour all night long worried of oversleeping. I got my wake up call about 5:30a from my co-worker who works the over night. Then I got a text from one of my best friends at about 6:00am. That was quite an exciting text talk...

I won't go into that, however, I must say it is nice to have friends to cheer you on in certain situations. I can always count on him to tell me what I need to hear in order to follow through with stuff outside the comfort zone. (Not that I usually need help in that department.. Really only when it comes to boys is when I don't know what to do.)

Anyways, the semester is nearly over and I still have so much I need to do in order to get ahead here. I picked up tons of hours for this next week over Thanksgiving, as well as tons of hours over Christmas-New Years time. Hopefully all the extra hours will help me get ahead a bit on some bills or even help create the cushion I need for gas to commute back and forth to Lincoln.

This next semester I got all my classes down to two days so I don't have to move and hopefully I will be doing better from then on out. I will be able to save lots of money hopefully. Now that things have gone the way they have this past year I have decided to begin saving my escape fund. This way as soon as I am done with school I can pick up and move somewhere right away and not have to wait around Nebraska much longer after. There are a couple different places now that are on the list. I can't wait to be done and gone.

Now that I have gotten over my summer love I am throwing any possibility of anything like that out the window completely until I am done with school. I just don't have the room in my mind for boys anymore. I am completely focused on school now and nothing will change that now.

I made some new friends this past week! I am excited to get into some sort of social life now. Most of my new friends are PhD students or people who have already graduated now. Which is good in so many ways and at the same time not so much. The factor that they leave when they are done with their PhD or the others who work normals jobs during the day. Schedule conflicts, time availability, and all kinds of things go into determining the level of friendship that is truly obtainable. Anyways, this week was just fantastic. Next week is going to be a long one, but I'm ready for it.

Things are looking up now... I'm pretty stoked about it all, however, I do wish I was able to go back and have my friend here in Omaha as often as I used to. its funny how if people wanted to, they would make time for you; And in the beginning they do and then all of a sudden it's gone. Just like that, no more time. No more interest in anything. People are funny things: emotions, thoughts, feelings, hope, and understanding... All the things that either build a strong friendship or completely tear it apart. I don't think I am cautious enough, maybe I would still have people in my life had I thought things through completely before. Meh, back to school, Focus!

Every beginning is a consequence - every beginning ends some thing.
~Paul Valer

No comments:

Post a Comment