Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hump Day

Happy Hump Day to all!

This morning had a great start to it! Met my friend and carpooled to Lincoln. We headed out to Kearney with everyone in the van, three professors, my "boss" (I work on the wind turbines with) and two other students besides myself.

The conference today was the best! The sessions were so much more interesting and incredibly enlightening. Yesterday was great, but today was just better for some reason. I met a colleague of my professor who is a leader in the wind energy development in Colorado. He travels a lot promoting wind energy and works for a huge alternative energy giant. My professor introduces me and then in the same breath asks about an internship position for me with his company! Talk about being taken off guard. That was a bit awkward; however, I believe I have an extremely useful and important contact who is a huge player in the industry. So I guess we'll see what comes of it! :)

I met a few other people from all over Nebraska, state senators, and other county and city officials. I was able to chat with a couple business owners, farmers, turbine manufacturers, and developers. Today was just the best day.

So after the conference we load everyone up again and head back to campus. After having to unload this and that, run here and there, and finally drop off the van I was pretty pinched for time. I really needed to get back for my club's officer meeting. I hauled as fast as I could go back to town. As soon as I get into city limits my phone rings... Of course, its the guys from the officers' meeting letting me know that they are done. I'm a little bit upset about the way things unfolded and I'm not going to go into too much detail about it. I will just state that this really put a damper on the end of my very good day.

I get home, text my friend to see if he will go to Ihop or to a movie with me, but he can't... It's ok though, he usually meets with me and cheers me up when I get my feelings hurt, heart broken, or ego injured.

I could really use a drink right now... I'm thinking Vodka Tonic and homework will be the night's ending. Hope everyone had a fabulous day! Most of my day was just great! I love going to things like this! I am becoming closer to other students from school as well as my professors. I met so many key players in the industry that I will stay in contact with through out the rest of my studying at the University.

Tomorrow I have a full day ahead of me... Lots to do.

"The emotional virus lives and thrives in the gap between expectations and perceived reality."

- Doc Childre and Bruce Cryer, Chaos to Coherence

No comments:

Post a Comment