Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Great Day!

So this morning was quite an early one... We headed to Lincoln about 4:30am. I rode in the car with a couple professor's and one of the PhD students who works in the alternative energy lab. He is one of my favorites because he gives me helpful advice and has helped me in my trials of study techniques. Anyways, there were about eight other students who went and they all traveled in the university's van.

We got to the conference, checked in and received our name badges and goody bags. There were booths set up on one part of the conference center. Me and my friend went around and spoke with a couple wind energy vendors. There were companies who were developers, OPPD, NPPD, SPP, and other industry giants were there.

The informational sessions were quite interesting! They were all very informative. I enjoyed every one! There is so much more beyond the scope that the university provides in classes. There are so many factors and sides to the wind energy development.

Tomorrow is the last day of the conference. I am carpooling again with the guy who I work on the wind turbines with. It will be another bright and early morning. We have to leave here about 4:30am again...

As soon as we get back I have to jet back home for a meeting with my club. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. It should be very good though!

The point of this blog isn't necessarily to make anyone feel a certain way about myself... The point is to:

1. Help myself work things out by getting the issues out where I can see them and not just internally struggling with them.

2. Maybe help sway people into continuing their education after high school full time until they are done. I don't recommend anyone to follow the path I have taken and wind up trying to dive back into school full time after being in the work force and independent for so long.

3. This is just to show how difficult it is when you are not a traditional student.

I think my way of thinking is a bit different than most my age. I am passionate and feel strongly about a lot of things. Through experience with different life obstacles I view things in a different light. I make choices that sometimes make sense and other times I am probably the only person who can see my logic behind it. Either way, this is more for myself than anything. I do appreciate the fact that I have people following though. If I can either be of some sort of entertainment; put a smile on your face, or teach someone something then that is great! If you learn something or are able to view things maybe in a different way then you would normally then I am glad. If reading this makes any sort of positive impact on your life, then that is awesome! Basically, I would love to make a difference and I try to in any way I can.

Today was a good day. I hope to have more of those pretty soon. I feel the distance getting easier and I think pretty soon I will be back on track and focused again.


"The shift from incoherence to coherence can bring dramatic effects: a 60-watt light bulb whose light waves could be made coherent as a laser, would have the power to bore a hole through the sun—from 90 million miles away."

William A. Tiller, "Science and Human Transformation: Subtle Energies, Intentionality and Consciousness"

No comments:

Post a Comment