Sunday, November 7, 2010

One of those Days

So this morning I woke up quite early. From the time listed on my previous post it was about 3:00am. I finally fell back asleep about 5:30am and then got back up about 7:15am. I can't seem to sleep more than eight-ish hours at a time so going to bed at 8:30pm is not a good idea anymore if I want to sleep through the entire night.

I didn't really mind being awake off and on this morning, I felt well rested so I was pretty content. Things started off very well this morning. I went with a friend down to the local shelter to help serve breakfast. Everyone down there was so nice. I met an amazing judge who has been helping out down there for over a decade. He goes to Sam's every Saturday and picks up hot breakfast items for Sunday morning to be served at the shelter. He pays for the items out of his pocket. I believe this is going to be a regular thing for me know. I usually don't work Sunday mornings so I can go down and help.

After we were all done I headed back home. When I got in I took a shower and just got ready for work. While I was getting ready I found out that I have to wait one year before I am able to give blood again... I had just had a conversation with my friend about it too because he was on his way to give a platelet donation. Well he found out today about us having to wait a year. I had gotten a tattoo back in August (Which I must add is awesome ;P) and because Nevada's parlors aren't state regulated I can't give blood right away. I feel really bad for my friend because the platelet donations are a regular thing he does... I feel really responsible because I feel I might have had a hand in him going with me. Such is life though, right? If its not one thing, it's always another. I feel I'm bad luck for people... And I don't even really believe in luck.

Anyways, I just feel awful for my friend... I feel I've ruined something that is so important to him. :'( So on top of all that wonderful news, I get to work and my manager is here waiting for me. She wanted to discuss an incident that happened over the past weekend. Basically it things just went down hill from the time I got home this morning till now.

I started this post while I was at work... Now I'm home. I'm going to just go to bed. I have class in the morning so I want to try not to be up too late. I think I need to get things in motion for me to relocate. I need to find a new job in Lincoln, and find some friends over there too... Days like these happen and I just want to pick up and move back to Las Vegas where all my friends are and I have people to talk to... Ok, enough sobbing, tomorrow is another day. Goodnight.

“Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.”
-- Samuel Johnson, English Author

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
-- Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment