Friday, November 12, 2010

First Day of Snow...

I woke up this morning with the sound of pitter patter outside my window. It began raining last night and I guess kept it up all night long. I rolled out of bed just in time to throw on some clothes and run out the door to get to class. I don't really remember the drive to Lincoln; I think I was still half asleep.

I met my friend for a couple drinks last night and I was not completely feeling well this morning I think as a result of it. Anyways, I made it to class a couple minutes late, but in still in time not to have missed anything. Today in my Engineering class the TA taught. Fridays are our recitation session so I guess the this is the TA's time to shine. He basically talks to us like we know nothing, which I guess most of the students in there do know nothing. It is a freshman class after all. :-/

After class I went by my advisor's office. We chit chatted about my schedule in the spring. I nearly had everything figured out when I found that my two nuclear classes are not listed as available on the registration website. So I had to send an email to someone in the Dean's office to figure out what I needed to do to get into them. Hopefully she will get back to me soon enough. I don't like not knowing exactly what to plan for.

So with that in the air, I have also decided not to move to Lincoln after all. I was able to get all my classes on Tuesday and Thursday for next semester. As of now, the cost of gas and rent would be a wash. Next semester it will be cheaper only driving to Lincoln two times a week rather than paying rent to live there. We'll see how it goes...

My travels are on hold for quite some time now. So after this next semester begins then I will be caught up on all bills and will be able to get financially sound. I will probably have to end up moving for the fall semester. My advisor said as things begin to get more difficult (as if they aren't already ;P) and I will be working in more groups then I will need to be on campus more often. Anyways, I think things will go a bit more smoothly next semester than it has this semester.

So next semester I will have the following schedule:

Electrical Eng Circuits (again... I had to drop it yesterday)
Differential Equations
Intro Nuclear Engineering
Basics of Nuclear Engineering
Electrical Engineering Lab
Independent Research/Study (Basically continuing to work on the wind turbines :))

It looks like a lot more than what it really is... The two nuclear courses are online so that helps :) This schedule is in hopes of me passing the courses I still have this semester. We'll see how it goes. I am trying desperately to get motivated again. I think I'm getting there. Next week will be great and exciting.

So I came in at 5p to work today. It began snowing I believe about 6:30-ish maybe? I am not really looking forward to the drive home tonight. This will be my first snow drive since I bought my car. Hopefully I make it to the house in one piece! I love fall... I am not so fond of winter.

So all the snow lovers can celebrate today that it is officially winter and snowing! Today was a pretty good day over all so I just might be celebrating as well when I get off work... Definitely not for the snow, but for a great end to a wonderful week!

"A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water."

~Carl Reiner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment