Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tuesday... Wednesday... Thursday

So it seems I am not the professional blogger I had hoped to be. School has been crazy this week. I have been working a lot and stay late on campus trying to study and get homework done...

Tuesday I only have one class in the morning. This is a great thing because that gives me all day to be free and catch up on anything I need to for the rest of the week! Well, this is also the only day that works for my independent research sensei for me to go work with him on the wind turbines. So this past Tuesday we went out and assembled a turbine at a community college there in Lincoln... We were mounting the blades onto the turbine when they fell and the structure of one of the blades were compromised. This was not a good thing. (luckily it wasn't my fault this time! ;)) So we had to run back to campus, pick up a spare set of blades, and run them back to the community college. We didn't have time to swap them out so we had to postpone completing the installation until Wednesday. So after the day full of exciting wrench turning, I headed home. I was suppose to stay and study but I had completely forgotten I had an officers' meeting of a community club, in which I am the president, to attend. So I got back into town in time to head over to the meeting. The meeting ran a bit late so by the time I got home I was exhausted. I did some homework that was due Wednesday morning in class and then crashed.

Wednesday i have class in the mornings at 10:30a. Every Wednesday now in this class I have homework due and a quiz. Content-wise, this is my favorite class now. We have only been in this particular class, covering this material with this professor since mid semester. The first half of the semester was another professor, while I have nothing against him, his part of the class was incredibly time wasting and obnoxious. So anyways, I went to class Wednesday morning, it was great! The quiz was simple and I rocked it! :D

After my morning class I had to go back out to the community college to swap out the turbine blades from the day before. That only took about ten minutes in all to actually change the blades. LES, the local power company, was going to return with his truck to mount it later in the afternoon. They said they would wait for me to get out of my later class so I could be there through the end. (Which was so nice!) So after we got the blades done and ready to mount I went back to campus for my afternoon class. After class I returned, we got the turbine up and mounted, and all went well for my very first wind turbine installation! :D Now that the turbine was mounted, we had to level it at the base as well as at the top. So, I pulled out the trusty labtop and popped in the disc with the program that talks with the antenna on top of the turbine. This was a very interesting process. Its all common sense stuff, just what you would expect; however, with the wind blowing and gusting up to 20 mph, it's a bit difficult to level the top of a turbine. We eventually got it! :D

I believe I will be in the paper of the... Lincoln Sun maybe?? They sent out a newspaper guy to take pictures and he got our names and all. Pretty cool stuff. :) After all that I went to the student union and studied and did homework until about 11 pm. I finally returned home about midnight last night. That was a long day... I have a couple people to study with now, so hopefully this will help improve my study skills (which is the goal of the semester) and my grades!

Today is Thursday... What a lovely day! I have not gotten out of bed yet and it is about 20 till 3pm... I did not go to class this morning because I wasn't able to get to sleep until very late last night, or this morning I should say. I have a test this evening at 7p. I had planned on getting up this morning and studying all day, but that hasn't happened. This test is a big one. It will essentially to either the nail in the coffin or my saving grace for this class. I have decided to go into it with a different attitude this time. No matter what happens I will be retaking this class, even if I do pass with a C. So, with that in mind I am not going to freak out and put tons of pressure on myself as I have going into the first two tests. After all, the odds of me doing rocking awesome are pretty slim to none, and all the stress is wearing me out.

So now that I have caught you up, nothing too exciting except my very first wind turbine installation has happened this week. I still have a couple days. I won't go into all the excitement from work residual of the weekend madness... That is a whole other alternate reality in itself! Drama, something I try to stay out of, but people seem to not be able to live with out it...

Anyways, out of bed now. Time to get dressed and head to Lincoln. I'll just go do some homework problems and study until the test. Oh yes! And I came across this fun quote too I'd like to share!
"I'm not cynical. Just experienced."

-Unknown

I think this is funny because I have been called a cynical person on numerous occasions... This does make sense as to why I view things in the way I do! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment