Monday, November 29, 2010

First Day Back After the Break

Today began great! I got some sleep last night! :D After this past crazy weekend, it was definitely needed! Classes resumed after the Thanksgiving break. I missed my morning class, but got my homework for it turned in. Calculus this after noon was pretty good, interesting as usual...

After my calculus class my friend and I had planned to study because we have our last chapter exam for calculus Thursday and Friday. I had to go see the apartment that was still available (I missed out on my cute little one with the wooden floors :'( ) and turn in the application for it, so she went with me.

While we were waiting to check out the apartment we went to grab a bite to eat at Panara Bread, which is just across the street. I ate half of a panini and then we headed over to meet L, the leasing agent. She showed me the apartment, up on the 4th floor. It had the best carpet of all the others I had seen previously. I went ahead and said that's the one I'll take. After we were done there we drove to the management office. It was just around the corner and down a few blocks, not too far. While I was sitting there filling out the application there was so much going on, I was pretty close to saying forget it! People who were sitting in an office close by had all kinds of things to say about people who were calling... The guy who said, "If you have any questions just let me know." Seemed quite irritated and in a hurry to get away when I did actually have a couple questions... It was quite the experience. I had never been in a place like that before. They just didn't seem like any of the property management places I have ever worked for or been to in the past. Oh well, I desperately need to get away from here so I didn't let it all get to me too bad.

After I finished my application for the apartment we headed back to campus to study. We both still had our food from Panara because we didn't have time to eat at all. We sat down in one of the lounges of the Engineering building and began doing calculus problems. It is pretty nice working with my friend, Kay because she is patient and understanding when explaining things I don't quite get. There are also somethings that she may not get right away that I can explain to her. This helps I think both of us when we work together through problems. After studying for a few hours we decided we needed some coffee! We went over to the student union, bought some Starbucks, then got right back to work on Calculus. We only got half of the section done though :-/. We will do much more tomorrow. I completely lost focus and had to just call it a night. I will read tonight before I go to bed so hopefully tomorrow we can get more done.

I don't really remember much of the drive home... I was pretty tired from the long day of studying, extremely excited about my apartment so close to campus, and trying to go over calculus stuff in my head the entire drive. When I got back into town I was so excited to tell someone about my apartment! I text one of my best friends to see if he wanted to go to Ihop, but he had already eaten... So I just told him via text, which wasn't that exciting then. As soon as I got home I text another friend to see if he was talkable, thought this time I'd just call and tell someone myself so my excitement wasn't dulled... That didn't go so well, I just ended up making him mad so now he won't talk to me at all :'(... (Not surprising since he took something I text sarcastically seriously.... Which had it been another day and I was actually upset/depressed, I could have said it seriously, but that definitely wasn't the case tonight.) Anyways, apparently he wasn't in a good mood. Oh well.. So anyways, I just told my dad. He is sick though, and I don't think he really cares so all my excitement has completely been flushed down the drain... And people wonder why I am cynical. What's the point when you have no one to share anything with??

So now I am going to just read my Calculus book until I fall asleep. Tomorrow is a new day, hopefully will be a much better day (from beginning to end)! I have a lunch date, then off to Lincoln to study more for my test with my friend, and then to the UNL basketball game! :D I am super excited about that!! Another friend of mine who is also a basketball fan and player is going to go with me! I can't wait! Then maybe to B-Dubbs for wings?? The Engineers without Boarders has a fundraiser going on there where if you eat there 10% of the bill will go towards the group! I am joining the EWB-UNL group too so I am definitely going to try to go support them!

Things will be looking up again soon enough. I will be able to move forward and get over people as soon as I get out of here and I can not wait.

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving... and that's your own self."

No comments:

Post a Comment