Friday, November 26, 2010

Working Weekend

So I don't have much of a comment about Thanksgiving. However, I hope everyone enjoyed their Turkey Day! Mine was interesting to say the absolute least...

This morning it was up bright and early to return to work. I am here until 11p and then back in the morning at 7 a.m. again. I am working a double tomorrow as well. Sunday I also work 7a-11p. I hope this goes by fast. Though I gladly cover for everyone, I am not all that excited about not being able to study this weekend.

I have a Calculus test Thursday and Friday this next week. I have tons of studying and homework to do in order to do well. This is our last chapter exam before our final. I also have an extra credit project I need to begin and finish as soon as possible. Monday I am pretty excited because I am going to put down a deposit and application for my new apartment (hopefully). I am just ready to be back out on my own again. Not that I don't appreciate my father for allowing me to stay with them while I am in school, I will just do much better in my own space.

I have began practicing/attempting the Chakra meditation. I will work on each chakra center, one at a time until I am able to successfully meditate and balance all of them. One more thing to add to the benefits list of having my own place! :) Though I did feel a bit more centered after, I definitely have a ways to go in order for it to have the positive and lasting effects it should. I am pretty excited about it. I was speaking with my brother about it, and he has some books that I will be able to borrow in order to learn and research more about the Chakra as well as other various forms of meditation.

So back to school stuff... I have tons of studying to do for Thursday and Friday's test. I need to get the motor I have been building done finally by Friday. I have homework due Monday, which I forgot :0... Ooops, guess I'll get that done tonight. One of my very few friends here in Omaha is moving to Kansas next week too. I am prety bummed. Oh well, I guess I'm moving to Lincoln now so that wont be so bad.. I think I'll be closer to him anyways. On top of all that, I have my very last Rotaract meeting of the year Wednesday evening. So next week is rather busy!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and had a nice holiday break! I'm sure I'm forgetting things that will pop up beginning Monday so I will definitely keep everyone posted!

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

-Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment