Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Its All Uphill From Here

So this weekend was pretty rough to say the least. Some nice things happened along with some pretty frustrating things. All in all I am glad its over and this morning is a new beginning.

Today a group of students along with a couple professors are heading down to Kearney, NE for the Wind Energy Conference. I am pretty excited because I will be introduced to various industry professionals. Networking is always a plus! My professor who oversees my independent study in the alternative energy lab is speaking there at the conference. It should be interesting. I am all ready to go; should be leaving any time now. I'm carpooling with someone to Lincoln... just waiting now.

I have come to realize the reality of my situation. I am definitely moving to Lincoln at the end of December (hopefully the apartment I want will still be available). I realize hoping for a relationship that will never happen is time and energy wasted. I need to try to get all my focus back on school. Things will be ok... Over the next few weeks I will be looking for a job over in Lincoln. I'm not sure what I want to do at this point. I think the best way to ensure similar benefits to what I have now would be to find a job at a hospital there doing the same thing I do here. So with everything back in focus and my logical thinking cap back on I am good to go.

As mentioned before, I seem to take the tougher road in nearly every decision I make. Though usually its not the pathetically falling for someone avenue, but its usually one in which makes things more difficult. I definitely didn't fall short this time! I've pretty much thrown this semester behind the dumpster. That's ok though, I've got things all figured out for next semester and for the duration of my schooling.

Number one thing I will definitely stick to: NO BOYS! :D That should help everything else go smoothly. If there is someone who I am suppose to be with I will meet him when I am far away from here. Anyways, my ride is on his way now so I shall wrap up. I will share how the conference went when I get back home.

Happy Tuesday to all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment