Friday, November 5, 2010

Another Exciting Weekend!

So today kicks off another exciting weekend for me! I over slept this morning and missed my first class. This seems to becoming a trend unfortunately. I guess I get burnt out easily... Either my hopes and expectations are disappointed or I just get bored when things become monotonous. Either way, that is something that is on the list of "My things to work on" :).

So by the time I finally made it to campus I had to go straight to my advisor's office for a meeting. We discussed my classes for next semester. I have quite the schedule ahead of me! Two electrical classes and a lab, differential equations, possibly physics III, and an independent study course. We'll see how it all jives together though, I will be registering for classes this evening. The meeting with my advisor was very productive. I am getting excited again about school. This semester was pretty tough so getting excited again is something big for me. I think I'm getting the hang of studying, or at least beginning to somewhat figure out ways that help. Anyways, so today was pretty good to head into the weekend.

After my meeting with my advisor and my afternoon class were both over I headed back home. I had to get back home to babysit my little sister. That means tonight is a quite chill night at home. We'll have a pajama party in the living room and watch my favorite movie, Charlotte's Web :). These nights with my little sister are always nice because I missed a lot of the beginning of her life. It helps me feel like I'm making up for lost time.

Tomorrow I work my normal morning shift at the hospital. I hope it isn't as crazy busy as last weekend. It is never good to be busy in the ER because then that means either lots of people are sick or hurt, which is never good. Tomorrow hopefully the weather will be nice as well because I am hoping to go ride with the guys after work. I have recently found a group of guys who have crotch rockets like me and they ride a lot. It's great because until now I haven't had anyone to ride with, and it isn't much fun riding around alone all the time.

Tomorrow evening will be another early one. I don't have to work the overnight shift, which is great! I'm going to probably read a lot and try to study a bit... or a lot. Sunday morning I am going to go help one of my friends so an early night Saturday is good. Sunday will begin quite early. After I'm done in the morning I have to work again at three. Once again, I really hope Sunday isn't as bad as it was on Halloween...

There are so many things I have to juggle with school. These things all have an effect, whether positive or negative on my success each semester. The main things I need to work out in order to begin doing well aren't things I am able to just fix overnight. Most of it is just worrying on my part about things... Things such as the development of my Rotaract Club of which I am the president. It was just started earlier this year so we are trying to develop into a strong group. I just can't seem to get people motivated. I worry about this a lot. Another thing living rent free in my mind every day would be lack of time and money to do things that could make a difference. I don't want to get into that one too much because its more upsetting than comforting to talk about issues I feel strongly about. Before when I lived in Vegas I was able to do so much more than I am able to here. I just need to keep telling myself when I get done with school I will then have the credentials to do even more than I ever have to make the difference I need to.

There are so many other distractions that keep my attention, but I am slowly but surely eliminating them. Like I said before these things can't be just taken care of over night... Love, money, time, and resources: All things that will probably be a factor until I am finally done with my degree. Hopefully by the time I am done they are down to some sort of manageable size and order. Either way, anyone following my blog will see how everything comes to light :). I'll figure it all out though... Focus, organization, time and money management, and studying. All things that must be accomplished, and will. ;)

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
~Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment