Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tuesday...

This morning began bright and early with a trip out to West Point, NE. J and I went to install a wind turbine at the school there. The entire operation did not go smoothly at all. It was incredibly cold outside (which I am still not at all use to yet) and things just seemed to go all wrong. It was a very long day, a lot of heavy lifting, a lot of toes freezing, a lot of wind burn, and a lot of obstacles. We finally got it up right before the sun went down. We tried to hurry and the whole thing just took so much longer than either of us had anticipated. Oh well, we got it up! It is for a great cause, and I think the students who came out for a little bit and tried to help enjoyed the exposure. I guess I can't really complain... After all, we got it up, no one got hurt, and it is done.

When I got home I arrived to a house full of about 3/4 of the family that is coming for Thanksgiving this week. Everyone was sitting around the table chatting away... My dad and his brother broke out a bottle of scotch, while I broke out the vodka and tonic! I do better in the family-social situations with some help most of the time, sad but true. Anyways, so everyone chatted, then ended up sitting the family room watching TV and movies.

After everyone went to bed my cousin and I went for a drive. We stopped at Ihop for a few hours and chatted about all kinds of things. We pretty much came to the conclusion that both of us have issues! Lol. Isn't that great, as if I didn't know all ready. ;P After we were done listening to our waiter complain about his poor tips he was receiving all night (due completely to his poor service) we decided it was time to head out. We went for another drive around chatting some more about school, boys, and life... When we got back home we said goodnight and I'm sure she is probably sound asleep by now, while I'm here blogging because I can't sleep. :)

Before I decided to start blogging tonight I was checking my facebook (of course :P) and chatted with one of my good friends! We went to school together back in Texas. He is now deployed overseas. We were only able to chat for a short period of time, but it was so great to hear from him! I always considered him one of my best buddies. We played basketball together, could always talk about stuff together; he was a pretty good catch! He is married now, which is great! His wife looks so sweet too! It makes me so happy when good people end up with good people. I miss him... He totally owes me a basketball game too from way back when! :D

So, on another note... My class schedule has been altered again due to credit issues in the spring. I ended up having to pick up a class that is offered Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. This means back to 5 days of classes per week, and yep! back to moving to Lincoln. I will call Monday and see if the apartment I originally wanted is still available. If so I am going to go put down the deposit and application stuff. I really need to get out of here; I think it'll be best for everyone... For me.

"Why do you suppose nearly every quote about Love has some reference to Pain in it? Could it be because love is something that does or cannot exist without pain? If this pain is what I feel after I have loved, I never want to love again. I see it as a mistake, a huge, painful mistake that I have definitely learned a great lesson from."

No comments:

Post a Comment