Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Monday Fun Day!

This morning I, as usual, missed class. My friend told me it wasn't worth going to anyways. I'm not printing off all the assignments and notes from the class. After this Thanksgiving break I won't miss anymore. I need to do well in that class. I don't have too much great things happening so far this semester and that class is the easiest, so might as well go through the motions and do well.

This afternoon I did make it to my Calculus III class. That is however my favorite class. Not to mention it's in the afternoon so I still get some sleep before having to go. Makes attendance much easier. ;) So today he told us he was nearly done with our extra credit stuff. He posted a proof for us to read and understand in order to solve the problems he is creating for us... I'm thinking this is going to be extremely difficult. I will have to get help I'm sure. My passing the class depends on this so I can't risk not getting it done.

So after class today I went up to the lab to continue working on this motor I've been building. I finished gluing all the magnets on, that was quite time consuming. However, the very last set of magnets we need to get on will not take too much time. That I have to wait for Dr. P to help because it will definitely take two people. These are crazy heavy duty industrial magnets. They are incredibly strong so it is quite difficult to handle them at a certain point. I'm pretty exciting about it all. It will be great when it's all done. I hope J, who's design it is, will be happy with the real thing.

On my way home from Lincoln today it was quite entertaining. It was pretty late by the time I was done and able to leave campus. So naturally, it was dark and pretty cold out. So I'm driving down the highway, jamming out to my favorite radio station, which by the way plays music for the longest time ever without commercial breaks, and my windows begin fogging up. I was so busy singing up a storm and rocking out that I didn't even notice until it was real bad and I nearly couldn't see out! Lol, it was pretty bad. On top of this, when I got to the main road off the highway that leads to my neighborhood I hit a couple red lights. Still jamming out to my radio, rather loudly, I hadn't noticed a police car following me. And of course, the inevitable... I got stopped. But not for speeding, no. The officer said I was wailing around in my car at the light and he thought I was drunk!! Well as soon as I rolled down my window and he heard my loud radio blaring, "Another One Bites the Dust", I guess he figured out why I was rocking my car. He laughed at me and told me I should be careful jamming out so hard, I may hurt myself! Talk about embarrassing! Wow, what a day!

Today was actually a very good day. I got a hold of one of my good friends, I am going to get some advice on cleansing my aura, and becoming well grounded. I need something to help me get focused. I am even in the process of finding meditation beads and learning ways of meditation. I'm pretty open to anything at this point. I need to change something. I need to become slow to emotionally reacting. I need to fist try to understand. I need to focus. I need to be more mindful of my surroundings, other people, and situations. There are just so many things that I desperately want to engage in, mindfulness and understanding are two big ones. I feel if I can accomplish everything listed, then I will be successful.

Tomorrow I will be going up to West Point, NE to install a turbine with my "boss", J. He emailed me earlier this afternoon, said he would pick me up at 8:30a tomorrow... We'll see. I tried to confirm, but he never responded. I'll be up and ready and if he doesn't come then I have that much more time to work on the basement for the fam-damily ;P.

Anyways, I believe people begin migrating in tomorrow so let the fun begin! I am just ready for this week to come and go. I am working so much the entire week that I just hope I get through it alive... and sane.

I am going to try to get some sleep now. I'm kind of hoping J doesn't come tomorrow, but I guess we'll find out! Hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Metaphysical Poem

once upon a time
there was a zen
just one zen
existential, invisible
metaphysical, physical
life-like and pure
just one zen,
this zen grew up
to be all there is
sharing itself
with itself
playing at
being many

once upon a time
and always upon
an eternity

-http://www.short-zen-poems.com/
© Benjamin Dean - Monday, November 08, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment